Bullying Report Form
CRISIS HOTLINE NUMBER: 812-379-7710
A person is being bullied when he or she is exposed, repeatedly and over time, to negative actions on the part of one or more persons. (Olweus, 1986,1993)
Characteristics of Bullying
1) The behavior is aggressive or malicious.
2) It is repeated and goes on over time.
3) It occurs in an interpersonal relationship which is characterized by a certain imbalance in strength or power.
Types of Bullying
1) Physical – Hitting, kicking or any other physical aggression.
2) Verbal – Teasing, name-calling, put-downs, or other behavior that would deliberately hurt others’ feelings or make them feel badly.
3) Emotional or Exclusion – Starting rumors, telling others not to be friends with someone, or other actions that would cause someone to be without friends.