Did you know that the meal assistance is not just about lunch?
If your family meets the income qualifications for free or reduced lunch, and even if your child brings his or her lunch to school, there are several benefits that may be available for your family:
- Textbook Assistance: For financial assistance with textbook fees, check the box on the back of the free/reduced lunch application
- Elementary Backsacks Program: For weekend food, see school counselor
- High School - ACT/SAT Testing Fees: See school counselor
- High School - Dual Credit/AP Courses: See school counselor
- Discounted Internet service :$9.95 per month through Comcast — Internet Essentials — 1-855-846-8376
- Discounted Computer: $149.99 through Comcast — Internet Essentials — 1-888-710-4156
- Discounts for Sports Program Fees: See school Athletic Director
- iCare afterschool program: limited scholarships available - See BCSC website
You can access the Free/Reduced application on the BCSC website or the main office at your child’s school. You must reapply each year unless you have received a Direct Certification notice letter for the current school year
If you meet the free lunch qualifications your family may also qualify for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program.
The federal eligibility income guidelines have changed from last year and your family may now be eligible.