Columbus East High SchoolResource TimeThe purpose of resource is to provide a tool for students to work on school work along with providing students the opportunity to take ownership of their learning as students can decide where they need to go to get the help they need.
The resource is like an extended, flexible classroom. Students need to be seated in a resource area when the bell rings, prepared to do work. Please remember and follow these simple rules:
While not considered a credit class, resource time must be attended by students. It is part of their scheduled day. There are no free periods or double lunches at East. Students are mandated by the state to meet the required time of instruction. Resource time is part of that requirement, and all unscheduled time is to be spent in a supervised area of school unless special permission has been granted.
- If a student needs to move to a different resource, this needs to be done quietly and after 10 minutes.
- If a student needs to move to a different floor, i.e. locker, library, guidance, etc. he/she needs a pass.
- The noise level should be at a low level, similar to the downtown library or the library at the learning center.
- NO food or drink on the resource floor.
ALL STUDENTS ARE TO DO THE FOLLOWING:
1) LIMIT THE NUMBER AT EACH BOOTH/TABLE AND KEEP NOISE LEVEL ACCEPTABLE.
2) BRING MATERIALS AND WORK ON SCHOOL RELATED ASSIGNMENTS
IF UNABLE TO FOLLOW THESE TWO EXPECTATIONS, STUDENT’S NAMES WILL BE EMAILED TO MRS. WOHLFORD. THESE STUDENTS WILL BE REQUIRED TO TAKE A RESOURCE CLASS BEFORE RETURNING TO RESOURCE.
A SECOND NOTIFICATION TO MRS. WOHLFORD WILL RESULT IN STUDY HALL.
ASSIGNED RESOURCE OR HOME BASE
All students who have resource mod 1 will be assigned to a specific resource for attendance taking purposes. Students may be assigned resource mods during the day for other reasons. In that case, the student must stay in that resource area for the entire mod unless permission is given by a supervisor to leave the area. All students are expected be in school by 7:45 a.m. and remain until 3:15 p.m. unless special arrangements have been made between the parents and the deans' office/counselors' office.