• Medications at School

    Indiana Law requires a written order form from a physician to be given to the school. A parent/guardian signature is also required.  Medication forms may be obtained in the  nurse’s office for your physician to sign.
    Written permission from the parent/guardian is also required for over the  counter medications.   Medication forms are available in the nurse’s office for the parent/guardian to sign or by following the links.
      Prescription Medication Form
      Over the Counter Medication Form
    If a student has symptoms that require an over the counter medication (cough syrup, Tylenol, etc)   the nurse needs a signed medication form from the parent stating what the medication is and when it’s to be given, on record in the nurse’s office.
    Cough drops are NOT permitted at school per BCSC policy.   They are a potential choking hazard.
    All medications are kept locked in a medicine cabinet in the nurses office.
    All medications must be in the original bottle when brought to school.  Medications
    must be brought to school by a parent or guardian.  Students may not bring medication
    to school on the bus or transported in their back packs.


Last Modified on July 30, 2018