Vision Benefits

  •  VSP® Vision Care

    • Find in-network doctors
    • Print out your benefits card
    • Online Reimbursement Forms
    • View & print your member benefits
    • Receive a monthly newsletter
    • FAQ's

    How to file for Out-of-Network reimbursement

    When services and/or materials are obtained from an open access provider, members have two reimbursement choices:

    1.     Members can ask an open access provider to submit a request for reimbursement on their behalf. This means members won’t need to pay their entire bill up front and will only be responsible for paying applicable copays and any balance above their open access schedule.

    2.     Members can pay the open access provider directly and submit a request for reimbursement to VSP, using the following procedure:

    a.     Pay the open access provider the full amount and request an itemized copy of the bill. The bill should separately detail the charges for the eye exam and materials, including lens type.

    b.    Include the following information with the bill:

                                              i.    the name, address, and phone number of the open access provider

                                             ii.    The covered member's ID number

                                            iii.    The covered member's name, address, and phone number

                                            iv.    The name of the group

                                             v.    The patient's name, date of birth, address, and phone number

                                            vi.    The patient's relationship to the covered member (such as self, spouse, child, student, etc).

    • Members can write the information on the bill or use the printable form available when members sign on to view benefits information at

    c.     Send a copy of the itemized bill(s) with the above information to VSP at:

    P.O. Box 997105
    Sacramento, CA 95899-7105

    3.     Please note that claims for reimbursement must be filed within twelve months of the date of service. Members will be reimbursed according to the open access reimbursement schedule.

Last Modified on July 15, 2013