Return to Headlines
Welcome to Columbus East!
- East emphasizes being open and flexible in meeting individual student needs.
- East provides struggling students with an adult advocate to help them focus and become successful students.
- East provides academic opportunities both on and off campus through career and technical education offering multiple vocational classes.
- East fosters community relationships through our exemplary dual credit program which offers 50 classes at local and branch college campuses located in Columbus.
Last year, East students earned over 2000 semester hours of college credit through these partnerships.
- East offers Individual Learning Plans that are developed specifically for students.
- East requires a Senior Project for students that ties the student, school and community together.
- East offers 16 Advanced Placement courses, with more being added as student interest dictates.
- East is all-inclusive with special needs students integrated into regular education classrooms.
- East has strong extracurricular participation among students including:
- Band (Jazz and Marching)
- Athletics (14 IHSAA sanctioned sports)
- Academic Teams (which have earned multiple state championships)
- Service Clubs (ie: Best Buddies, Key Club, Interact Club, and National Honor Society)
- FFA community
- FCCLA (the ultimate Leadership experience for students!)
- East embraces Universal Design for Learning with teaching that works for everyone. We use flexible approaches that can be customized to individual student needs.
- East is student-centered encouraging students to take an active role in selecting their own educational pathway.
- East recognizes and adapts to changes in demographic shifts in our student profile.
- East hosts a (1) College Fair, (2) Incoming Freshman Informational Fair, and (3) an Extra-Curricular Fair each year to allow students an opportunity to see the variety of options open to them.
- East offers additional and timely means of communication with parents and students through our computer grading and attendance system.
- East allows students and parents access to class materials online through itsLearning Learning Management System. Students participate in stimulating and educational activities made available online by their teachers. In addition, students see what they may have missed in class and parents may facilitate support of their child's education.
- East is FUN! The culture at East encourages students and staff to take care of ourselves, each other, and our school by following the "Olympian Expectations" everyday.
Thank you for your interest in Columbus East!