Central Middle School (CMS) is committed to providing students with an environment that is safe and supportive. In order to address the issue of school bullying, CMS has implemented an anonymous reporting system for anyone that wittnesses bullying at school. It is our goal that this system will be another important tool to help us stop bullying in our building. The system will allow students, parents, and any community member to anonymously report bullying through a link on the CMS website. It will give bystanders (students witnessing bullying but unsure what to do about it) and targets (victims of bullying) a safe tool to stop bullying without fear of repercussions.
Thank you for helping Central Middle School be a safer place for all students.
CRISIS HOTLINE NUMBER: 812-379-7710
Definition of Bullying
A person is being bullied when he or she is exposed, repeatedly and over time, to negative actions on the part of one or more persons. (Olweus, 1986,1993)
Characteristics of Bullying
1) The behavior is aggressive or malicious.
2) It is repeated and goes on over time.
3) It occurs in an interpersonal relationship which is characterized by a certain imbalance in strength or power.
Types of Bullying
1) Physical – Hitting, kicking or any other physical aggression.
2) Verbal – Teasing, name-calling, put-downs, or other behavior that would deliberately hurt others’ feelings or make them feel badly.
3) Emotional or Exclusion – Starting rumors, telling others not to be friends with someone, or other actions that would cause someone to be without friends.
4) Cyber-bullying- Using electronic device mediums such as, but not limited to computers, cell phones,
and pagers to bully (bullying defined above) others through methods such as posting comments,
statements, or pictures on blogs or websites, text messaging, instant messaging, and email.
Have you experienced or witnessed bullying at Central Middle School? If so, please complete this form. Your report will be completely anonymous from the moment you click 'send.'