Physical Education Waiver CourseThis course is designed for self motivated students involved in qualifiying activities to compensate for PE credit at the high school levelReminders:
- You must have a waiver application form on file. You are not eligible to complete waiver work if you do not have a waiver form on file.
- PE Waiver grades are on Parent Portal. The grading scale is Credit/No Credit (CR/NC) in order to not affect the honor roll system. If journal entries are not completed by the specified due date, you will receive a NC at the first grading period. However, this does not affect your ability to receive a CR by the end of the semester.
- Ultimately, your PE Waiver grade will not count toward your GPA, however, if you earn a NC at the end of the waiver semester you will NOT receive the PE credit and you will have to earn it in another semester.
- The end deadline for all 12 journals, plus your water safety requirement for the first time assessment, and the 3 projects for the second time assessment, is the second progress report time for each semester. You need to be planning ahead and making weekly progress toward completing these requirements!
- Important dates for each waiver option semester are outlined below:1st time assessment:Progress Report 1:Journals 1-4 due1st 9 weeks:Journals 5-8 dueProgress Report 2:Journals 9-12 due**Water Ssafety requirement must be turned in by the 2nd progree report, but can be completed anytime throughout the process.2nd Time Assessment:Progress Report 1:Evaluation of personal fitness level due(Project 1 Parts 1, 2, and 3)1st 9 weeks:Creation of personal lifetime fitness plan due(Project 2)Progress Report 2:Advocacy for the importance of a lifetime of physical fitness due**There is not a Water Safety Requirement for the 2nd time assessment
Below are links to information regarding the PE waiver course:
Last Modified on November 7, 2011