Introduction"There is one thing even more vital to science than intelligent methods; and that is, the sincere desire to find out the truth, whatever it may be."-Charles Sanders Pierce
Your goal is to create an experiment that will effectively test an advertisment, claim or scientific principle.
- Choose one of the following :
- Test the claim made by an advertisement
- Compare store brand vs. name brand products.
- Experiement with a "do it yourself" home remedy
~ Pacing Chart ~
- Experiment with a scientific principle.
Introduce INVESTIGATEPartner or Trio
Brainstorm Research Ideas
HW: Bring Materials
22Blocked Classes1.5 hrs for Experiment
Analyze and Conclude
Lab Report due Mon 8/27
Current Event Work Day
31Current Event Presentations
- Experimental procedure requires permission prior to tests.
- Complete the Investigate framework before begining lab.
- Time management is essential. Be sure to delegate tasks to ensure completion.
RESOURCESAssessmentThe following RUBRIC will be used.Because collaboration is essential for success.
16% of the total grade will be based on individual contributions, focus and ability to serve as a valuable team member.
Last Modified on August 20, 2012