Our mission is to prepare socially engaged citizens who excel in an information and technology rich society.
Our students will:
· Know themselves and their talents well, identify areas for personal growth and create and identify paths that will fulfill their own destinies.
· Learn through collaboration with family, business, and community.
· Possess a strong sense of civic responsibility.
· Embrace and celebrate differences and appreciate individuality.
· Think critically and practice 21st century skills.
· Think creatively to solve authentic, real world problems.
· Sustain healthy, trusting relationships that support a safe learning environment.
CSA Core Beliefs:
Lincoln Campus * Fodrea Campus * Central Campus * New Tech Campus
The following core beliefs drive our goal setting and guide our decisions. We review them regularly and
revise them when necessary.
We believe in learning-centered communities, in which all members are known, respected and valued,
and in which differences are honored and student voice is heard. We celebrate the successes of all
We believe students thrive when they experience relationships with peers, staff and families that gener-
ate honest, respectful and trusting communication.
We believe students learn by actively engaging in relevant, authentic and fl exible project based instruc-
tion. Content for learning is immediately applicable and balanced with refl ection. Teachers guide learn-
ing in a technology-rich environment which emphasizes 21st century skills.
Habits of Mind
We believe school community members who practice critical thinking and socially engaged intelligence
are using their minds well.
We believe community partnerships provide learners with a sense of responsibility, inspiring them to
become immersed in the community.
We believe learners prioritize, plan and manage their work. Growth and achievement are assessed from
many perspectives including performance of real tasks, self and peer critique, projects and portfolios.
We believe procedural, curricular, cultural and fi scal decisions refl ect the core beliefs and the voice of
the people directly affected by the decisions. All educators are committed to the decision-making process
and model participation in a democratic society.