ISTEP + Results
Dear Raider Families,
I do hope that the beginning of your summer break is going well. We will be working in the office until June 22...so please contact us if you need anything, 376-4311.... email@example.com ...... firstname.lastname@example.org .
There are two things I would like to make you aware of and ask for your assistance in finalizing.
First: For families of children in grades 3,4,5, and 6....Parent ISTEP+ Letters were sent home in the report cards with instructions from the Indiana Department of Education. The process for you to find out about the ISTEP+ scores for your child is for parents to look at results on-line....the school will also see the results of individuals. The state will not share any school summary score reports until the end of the summer. This allows for any adjustments to be made for individual students ....such as re-score requests for tests of students who were close to passing any section....
In previous years...this request for a test section re-score was sent by each building. This year, the state has a new system for re-scores. The request for a test section re-score MUST originate from the student's family. WE ASK FOR YOUR HELP IN THIS NEW RE-SCORE REQUEST SYSTEM.
1. If your child took ISTEP+ this year (grades 3,4,5,6)....PLEASE go on-line and look at their results.
2. If you do not have the parent letter, please contact school, either e-mail or phone and we can help you get the needed access code.
3. If you do not have internet access....you are welcome to use the computers at school. The office is open from 8 until 4, Monday through Friday.
4. If your child has a DNP or Did Not Pass on a category such as English/Language Arts, Math, Social Studies, or Science....then you can request the state re-score your child's test.
5. This would be very worthwhile if your child's score was a DNP but was within 5 to 10 points of the Passing score.
6. I can not request ANY re-scores without you starting the process for your child.
7. If you request a re-score, please contact the school so we will be aware....I have to document the request on a STATE form.
FYI - Below is an article that just appeared in the Indianapolis STAR....what do you think?
There is a School Survey on the W.D. Richards webpage.... www.bcsc.k12.in.us/richards If you could take a few minutes from the summer....would you please let us know your impression of the 2010-2011 school year? It will be open for two weeks....the results will help us move forward into the 2011-2012 school year.
THANK YOU ALL for your outstanding help throughout the school year. Our families are THE BEST!!!!
W.D. Richards Elementary School