As a parent, grandparent or caring adult, I hereby affirm my commitment to the academic achievement and career success of my child. I promise to make the pursuit of knowledge a priority in my household.
To demonstrate my commitment to this goal, I pledge to adhere to the following principles:
- My child will read with an adult or be encouraged to read independently each day.
- My child will complete all homework assignments given by school instructors and will be encouraged to ask for help when it is needed.
- My child will arrive at school on time, well rested and prepared for a full day of instruction and learning.
- My child will treat teachers and fellow classmates with respect and compassion. I will make positive behavior the expectation in my household.
- My child will graduate from high school and will understand the importance of a strong education in determining future success.
- I will encourage my child to dream big and always give 100 percent effort.
- I will treat my child’s teachers as a valuable resource and work with them to support academic improvement and classroom behavior expectations.
- I will monitor my child’s academic growth and stay as involved as possible in my child’s education. I will let the teacher know right away if I notice any problems.
Together, my child and I, in partnership with Indiana’s educators, will make education our #1 priority.