India Ink Resist
Assignment- In this assignment students will use rubber cement resists and ink value washes to create a drawing.
1. Students will begin by selecting a subject and then doing a preliminary sketch.
2. After the sketch has been transferred to watercolor paper, rubber cement will be applied to the white areas of the drawing.
3. After the cement has been applied, a light gray ink wash will be applied.
4. After the ink wash dries, more rubber cement will be applied to cover light gray areas of the drawing.
5. Rubber cement will continue to be added with progressively darker ink washes.
6. The final wash will be black.
7. When the final wash is dry, all the rubber cement will be removed to expose the drawing.