In order to guarantee your child and all the students in my classroom the excellent learning climate they deserve, I am utilizing the following discipline plan.
I believe all my students can behave appropriately in our classroom and throughout the school. I will tolerate no student stopping me from teaching and/or any student from learning.
Classroom Procedures - Students will:
- Listen to the teacher. (active listening)
- Follow directions the first time they are given. (active listening and cooperation.
- Keep hands, feet, and objects to themselves. (no put downs)
- Walk quietly in the building. (respect)
- Respect other people's property. (respect)
- Speak nicely to others - no name calling, teasing, tattling, or cussing (no put downs)
- Raise hands before speaking. (respect)
- Stay in seats when required. (cooperation)
- Be honest. (truth)
- Have homework, desk and materials ready when asked. (personal best and responsibility)
The procedures for our classroom are based on the Lifeskills, Lifelong Guidelines and Southside's Expectations of respect, no putdowns, active listening, truth, personal best, cooperation, and responsibility.