Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a Torch Dog?
- What are the responsibilities of a student who is absent?
- What is my teacher's email?
- What is Southside's address and phone number?
- What should I be looking for, as a parent, on the Lifeskills record sheet?
- When can parents pick up material for doing homework on day of an absence?
- What should a student do if there is a snow day?
A Torch Dog is a member of the sixth grade TEAM. The term Torch Dog is a combination of the two high schools in Columbus...East Olympians and North Bull Dogs.
When a student has an excused absence, he/she is responsible for checking the website for missed assignments, tests and for other relevant information. The student then has the same number of school days to make up the work as the number of days missed.
1320 W. 200 S.Columbus, IN 47201
812-376-4423 Mrs. Mackey ext 269, Mrs. Kreps ext 279, Mr. Wallace ext 280, Ms. Peters ext 284
The Lifeskills record sheet is a weekly record of your child's citizenship at school. If the sheet is blank, which is a rarity, then your child has performed at a satifactory level. If there are a lot of N's then the parent should be questioning their student about their performance at school. However, if a student has many O's, then you have an outstanding citizen...good job!!!
Parents may pick up material at 2:45 from a designated desk in the main office.
Students are responsible for checking this website for any special instructions and homework.
Last Modified on August 6, 2017