Job shadowing is a valuable, practical experience that enables a person to learn about a job by physically observing another person at work. This allows students to witness firsthand the work atmosphere and occupational skills present in a particular field of work. Students are not excused from classes to complete this requirement. The student needs to fulfill this requirement using summer vacation, winter, fall or spring breaks, or senior presentation half-days. Students may NOT job shadow their parents, but may job shadow at the same employer as their parent.
Students will need to complete the following:
- Shadow at least 2 different people from 2 different companies/organizations involved with or related to their future career or senior project.
- Complete a TOTAL of 5 hours of job shadowing at two different locations.Student decides how long at each job but a one hour minimum is required.
- Complete the Job Shadowing Form (including your 250 Word written summary of EACH job shadowing experience) and include it in the project portfolio
- Include physical evidence of job shadowing experience in project portfolio
- Write a thank-you note to the person/people whom you shadowed