Indiana is known for its love of basketball (known as ‘Hoosier Hysteria’). Hoosier Hysteria class will provide the opportunity for students who enjoy basketball to participate in various aspects of the sport.
The course focus is directed toward the improvement of students’ basketball skills and knowledge over the 18 week semester. Developing a team concept and a competitive attitude compliment the curriculum. The advanced physical education student may or may not be involved in athletics or other types of organized sports. Our focus is to promote healthy behaviors, physical activity, and a fun, competitive environment.
Hoosier Hysteria CLASS RULES
· Be in the gym/locker room by the bell and be ready in the gym 5 minutes after class begins. (school policy / effort deduction for tardy issues)
· Wear appropriate physical education gear: shorts, t-shirt (no tank tops), socks, tied tennis shoes, NO JEWELRY!
· You will be released to dress 6 minutes before the bell…hustle to the locker room. YOU are responsible to make your next class on time!
· No profanity (25 push ups)
· Follow all school rules.
· Leave the gym as you found it…CLEAN
· NO FOOD OR DRINK IN THE GYM – PERIOD. PENALTY IS 50 PUSH UPS – NO EXCUSES OR EXCEPTIONS!
· Athletes WILL participate on game days.
· Always play under control and by the rules. Officiating may be self-guided or by the teacher – NO ARGUMENTS with calls….play the game!
· NO HANGING ON THE NETS OR RIMS!!!!!!!!!! IF YOU ARE CAUGHT, PENALTY IS 100 PUSH UPS – NO EXCUSES or EXCEPTIONS!
9 weeks grade
- Everyone starts with 100 points
· All students have the opportunity to keep their A+
· Deductions to the grade will occur for absences (-4), tardiness (-2), behavior or effort issues (-2/-5), or non-dresses (-10).
· Absence deductions can be made up through article reports. Other deductions CAN NOT be made up.
· A non-dress automatically deducts 1 letter grade. 3 non-dresses results in FAILURE for the 9 weeks.
· 100 points
· Skill based
· = 45% for each 9 weeks grade, 10% for final exam