Welcome to English 8
I am entering into my 14th year of teaching, and my 3rd year at Northside Middle School. I graduated from Indiana University in 2004 with my bachelor's degree, and completed my master's degree in 2009 from Nova Southeastern University. I live in Brownstown, Indiana with my husband and kids.
About the Course: English 8 is designed to help strengthen the writing, speaking, and listening skills of all learners. Our theme for the school year is going to center around survival stories. Students will explore survival traits, coping skills, and just how inspirational one person can be. Everyone has a story to tell...you just have to listen!
Students will be using an online reading program called Read Theory. They will be given an individual username and password and may use the program from home if the Internet is accessible. The program gives short nonfiction articles for them to read based on their reading level with multiple choice questions and then they are given points based on if they are answering correctly. The program tracks all data on each quiz, reading level, etc. For grammar, students will also use an online program in which they take a pretest and then I will be able to assign lessons based on skills they need to work on as an individual. Other topics we will focus on include:
- Narrative writing
- Informative writing
- Argument writing
- Ethos, pathos, logos
- Citing text evidence
- Constructed responses
Please feel free to contact me during the school year.
Phone: 812-376-4403 (ext. 1207)
Getting to know Mrs. Haub
- This is my 14th year of teaching. I taught at Greensburg Community Schools for 11 years. I've taught English grades 6-11, Journalism, and Yearbook.
- I live in Brownstown, IN
- I have two kids, Brayden is 7 years old and attends 2nd grade and Brylee is 6 years old and attends 1st grade. I also have an 11 year old stepdaughter.
- I have a yorkie named Allie.
- I attended Indiana University. GO HOOSIERS!
- I love spending time with my family. We love boating, camping, sporting events, and being outdoors.