Making lives better by supporting a mindset of achievement for all students regardless of gender, race or socio-economic status.
"The core mission is to educate students to become effective citizens."- National Council for the Social StudiesAn effective Citizen is one who...
- Has knowledge of our nation's Founding documents, civic institutions, and political process.
- Embraces core democratic values and strives to live by them.
- Accepts responsibility for the well-being of oneself, one's family , and the community.
- Has knowledge of the people, history, and traditions that have shaped our local communities, our nation and the world.
- Is aware of issues and events that have an impact on people at local, state, national, and global levels.
- Seeks information from varied sources and perspectives to develop informed opinions and creative solutions.
- Has the ability to collaborate effectively as a member of a group
- Actively participates in civic and community life.
Last Modified on January 17, 2019