Objectives:The program has nine Family School Partners that serve over 200 families, including seventy-five Spanish-speaking families. Each family School Partner visits parents in their home to:
- Provide parents with age-appropriate activties they can do with their child
- Identify needs for early intervention
- Connect parents with community agencies and provide information on community events
- Assist parents in finding preschool opportunities for their child
- Create a link between school and home before the child enters school
The Family School Partner encourages families to read daily to their children and provides a lending library throughout the year. Children also receive gift books at the first visit, at Christmas and during the summer.